Saturday, August 29, 2009

Stupid Bank

Ok, so let me tell you. I HATE our bank. Me and Nate had accumulated over $75 in change that we were going to use for our date and whatnot. So we took the change to the bank and they don't even have a stinking change counter in their building! How ridiculous is that???? They have to bag up the change, and send it out to be counted! I mean, good grief . . . So not only did we NOT have that money for our date night, we won't know for sure how much change there was. Nate pretty much told the bankers that we know how much is in there and if it doesn't show up in our bank account there is going to be some serious accusations going on. AH!

And on top of that, we are at Bank of America beacuse it's a nation wide bank. We thought about a couple others too, but this was the closest to our house right now. Well we are doing the Keep the Change thing. It basically rounds up all our purchases that qualify for the Keep the Change (which is most everything) and the change gets put into our savings back account. It also gets posted into a change jar on the side of the screen and for the first 3 months the bank matches our Keep the Change entries 100%. So for instance, if we had 4 purchases and the change added up to be $1.42 for the day, the bank then puts in $1.42 for the day. We don't see the banks money until our year anniversary. But they will match us up to $250.00! Sweet deal, right? WRONG, it's a pain in the butt to try and keep the checkbook balanced with the bank. I don't think I have been balanced since we opened the bank account. And I hate that feeling of having to rely on what the bank is telling me we have available.

So between Nate's blow up about the bank not having a change counter, and me frantic everyday trying to balance the checkbook, we both have made comments about switching banks and we just opened the stupid account like 2 weeks ago! How dumb is that. We shouldn't be wanting to change already, but we are. I'm hoping we do . . . cause they really haven't helped when I've asked other questions about Aiden's savings account, savings bonds that I have, etc. So I'm fed up . . .

Sorry, just needed to vent this morning. It's so frustrating! Chase bank was the other "top contender" in our deciding which bank to use. Does anyone have anything good/bad about Chase??

2 comments:

  1. My sister I think is starting at Chase soon and my family really likes it :). I have BOA also, and I have had a bit of hard time keeping up with the "Keep the change" aspect too. When I have to balance the book I round all my purchases up to the dollar when I use my check-card now and that mostly helps. It's nice to help save some extra monies but can be a bit of a pain too :/. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Chase and I absolutely love it. I have had it for 3 years now and I have no complaints whatsoever. I would recommend it to everyone. Plus it has a rewards plan where if you run your debit card as credit you get points which add up to getting gift certificates. I love it. Seriously, switch! It is amazing.

    ReplyDelete